Go-Go After School is hiring a Personal Support Worker for our Sussex Corner location.
Incorporated in 2006; Go-Go Group Inc. is proud to be a leader in the childcare and recreation industry for 15+ years. With a passion for quality and professional childcare, the Go-Go childcare programs are continuing to grow across the Province of New Brunswick. As demand for our programs continues to rise; our team continues to develop and expand as well. We are now looking for a strong leader to help cultivate and advance our After School programs!
The Personal Support Worker will play an essential role in an individual child’s learning and growth, including physical and social development in a safe and child centered environment. The Personal Support Worker will build a relationship with the child and their family to better understand their specific needs to plan effective strategies. Hours will be 20hrs/week during the school months, and 35hrs/week during the Summer, as well for 1 week in December and March Break.
Job Type: Part-time
· Must be well organized and be able to follow a schedule.
· Possesses a keen sense of responsibility with the ability to fix mistakes when needed.
· Good communication skills – ability to listen carefully, speak clearly, and remain calm with parents, staff, and children.
· Patience and an excellent sense of humor are key.
· Ease and ability to work with children 5-12 years of age, on your own and within a team setting.
· Shares Go-Go’s philosophy of treating children with respect and dignity: Always taking the time to carefully listen to them.
· Experience with managing challenging behaviour and setting boundaries.
· Workplace First Aid with CPR C and AED certification.
· Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector clearance.
· Social Development Check.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please reply to this ad with the following:
· Recent resume
· Cover letter or cover email – tell us about yourself and why you feel this position would be a good fit.
· Three professional, supervisory references
· Please reference the position you are applying for in your email title.